Tuesday, May 18, 2010

No Greater Joy

I often think of the verse, "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." It is really so true.  We talk to our kids a lot about the privilege they have to grow up in a Christian home.  Funny how now I view that a little differently then I did as a kid who often didn't get to do everything else my friend's were. 

We are so thankful to say that all three of our children have now come to a point of salvation in their lives.  Our oldest two had begged and begged to be saved.  I know that sounds horrid to think that we let our kids beg to be saved, but we really wanted to be sure that they understood what salvation really meant. 

On Sunday morning, Sarah Joy, who has never mentioned wanting to accept Christ, surprised me.  She came to me immediately after church, grabbed me by the hand, and insisted that when we got home Daddy and she could go to the deck cause she needed to get saved.  I asked her why she had decided this, and she simply replied that it was her sins from yesterday.  She had been in quite a bit of trouble Saturday evening.  She was so sincere.  Previously, we had to resolve arguments in the car that if our whole family died Sarah wouldn't go to heaven.  Oh how fun to explain that one. 

Sarah rode home from church with our friend who was joining us for lunch.  I asked Dan if Sarah had told him the same she had told me.  So we decided that we would let her talk to Dan.  That way it would really be a decision she felt she needed to make. 

Sure enough, I had begun to put lunch together, and Sarah came in the kitchen and told Dan exactly what she had told me.  Off the two of them went to the deck, and they didn't return until Sarah had "gotten the gift."  It was quite cute to hear her explain to me what happened.  I don't think she was prepared for all my questions.  At one point she was quite clear that it went like this, "It's a gift.  You know like a present, and you just take it.  You just take the gift."  So cute.  I am so thrilled that all of my kids have come to a point when they realized their need for our Savior in their lives.

Now we would covet your prayers as they continue to grow that they would grow in their personal relationships with Christ!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Praise the Lord! What a great story! :)