Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Thankful for heat!

There are times in life when I can remember my parents and grandparents saying to me, "There will be a time when you won't have this, and you wish you had."  Well, now is one of those times.  Our furnace decided it needed some attention.  Our heating and air guy rushed right over to let find out that the burner had a nice five inch gash in it.  Thankfully, he was able to order a part, but unfortunately, mother nature has proved to be the issue.  Our part was to be shipped on Friday and arrive on Monday.  It never shipped on Friday.  So, needless to say we have been without heat for a week.  UGH!  The first few days weren't so bad.  We were home and the space heaters we were using did a good job at keeping the temps fairly normal.  Then came Monday and back to work.  It is just not enough to compensate for the hours without heat.  My kids think it so cool how much steam they can cause in the bathroom.  Sarah last night said, "Yeah mom, and the water isn't even that hot!"  I am so thankful for the six years of faithful heat from this system, and I am more thankful for the heat it will provide once this part is replaced. 

No comments: