Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Journey: Part 5 It is time to party!

While I am rapidly approaching the big 40 in life, this is not about age! I have been on this incredible journey since June.  It all began with a little motivation from my friend, Renee.  She had begun her own journey, and she told us all about Lose it.  I began using it, and I also began using our local gym. It has been an amazing journey.  I have pushed myself farther then I ever thought possible.  The rewards have been so amazing.  Today, I am so excited to say that I HAVE LOST 40 POUNDS!!!!!  It is such a huge hurdle. I still have plenty of time left on my journey, but it feels oh so good that I just had to share.

Weight loss has this whole gloom and doom idea.  It is something I have struggled with for so long.  It truly is a reprogramming.  I was so tired of who I was, and who I had become because of that weight.  Today,  we watched a film at our local library, and it felt so good to have my little girls crawl up into my lap, and she fit in a way she never has!  I cherished that moment.  It didn’t feel uncomfortable due to all those unneeded layers of flab.  I can’t wait to see where I am in June as I look back over the year. 

I say all that to say…It is possible, and it is possible to do without buying into all the gimmicks, medicines, special diets, etc.  I eat what my family eats.  I put a little more thought into how much I eat and what options I am feeding my family, and you know what?  It has made us all better!  I get asked all the time what are you doing to lose this weight? what did you HAVE to give up?  I love saying I gave up nothing, and I simply learned moderation!  So if you are struggling, you can do it.  Little by little, and in six months you can look back and say … WOW!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Girl, you are amazing! 40 lbs!!! Wow!!!!
So proud of you as I'm sure the rest of your family is too!!!
Hitting 40lbs means treating yourself to a nice gooey dessert, right? :)