Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Am I crazy?

It seems that some think I have lost my mind!  Maybe I have, but I am truly thankful for the support of my dear hubby.  He doesn’t completely understand, but he does to an extent, but regardless he will do his best to cheer me on every step of the way of this new chapter in my journey.
You see, I have been working very hard to get this totally out of shape body of mine into shape.  In six months I have lost over 35 pounds, and I feel so much better.  I am half way to my weight goal, but I find myself very very dissatisfied.  I know, I know, nothing comes easy, and I really don’t mind the work.  I really kind of enjoy being a gym rat. Thus, my new chapter!
Every year our town sponsors a triathlon, and in its hope to inspire all the locals to get fit and join the gym/aquatics center, they offer a try a tri program.  I have seen it advertised since early November.  My gym buddies and life guard friends have all been encouraging it.  It is supposed to be about fitness more than competition, they say!  So, I have thought long and hard, and I have thought even harder and longer.  I talked to my dear hubby, and I am now officially registered for the program and the triathlon.
At signup, we got this really cool workout calendar for the next fifteen weeks leading up to the tri.  It is quite overwhelming the volume of information.  It is a three tier workout program.  Since the tri is geared at beginners as well as though continuing to stay in shape, there is a workout for beginners, intermediate, and advanced.  So, for now I am a beginning in the swimming part, but Woo Hoo for being intermediate for all the others, and a few I feel I can handle the advanced.
My hope is that this will really give me the boost I need in my training to carve off some more inches and lose some more weight.  I cannot complain since I am continuously losing, and I am still living on eating good food.  It has been a fun journey, and I cannot wait to see where it will lead!

No comments: