Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A New Chapter in the Midst of a New Journey!

Why does it seem that as soon as I begin to find my routine, that it seems the rug gets pulled out from under me?  Phew!  I am so glad this is a new year.  We left 2011 in the dust with all of its twists and turns and major life changes.  Seriously, I went from secretary and teacher to a stay at home mom (which I love) and homeschooling family!  Wait, the best part was that my hubby was also able to work from home.  Sure there were a trips to the office, but on the whole our life truly revolved around each other and our kids.  I don’t think I even saw my hubby as much when we dated as I have the past few months.  That equals up to me being severely spoiled.

Unfortunately, our finances didn’t agree to this change of pace.  We188283_151166974942644_149778391748169_303067_6964330_n[1] knew that it would be tight, but it just isn’t currently possible.  Our church does an awesome job of supporting us, but with our family needs growing and no ability for an adjusted income, we began praying about alternatives.  My dear hubs loves to drive.  He loves to go anywhere and explore and see and learn new places.  His dream job (if he ever needed something other than preaching) was a tour bus.  Seriously, we had a friend that got a part time job doing this several years ago, and I think my hubby was jealous.  After some serious prayer, Dan began looking.  He interviewed at a tour company near our home.  After a great interview, we heard nothing.  He researched companies within an hour of home, and he chose to contact Young Transportation in Ashville, NC.  We began to pray, and the Lord began to open doors.  Dan interviewed for the first time in November, just after Thanksgiving.  He was told he was the 29th interview out of 67.  Wow!  His interview went great, and he was asked to come back for a second.  Now, he is in training.  It is amazing to see God work, but my oh my, I am struggling with this whole schedule change thing.  I told you I was spoiled, but I am so used to having my hubby home.  I am in the midst of revamping all the schedule adjustments that I have to do alone.  Wow, what a difference it makes.

We are all excited about Dan’s new opportunities, and we can’t wait to hear about all his new adventures.  Oh, how I dread the change of pace.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, what an adjustment for sure. Glad that he got a job that he wanted though!! Hope it goes well!!