Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pain is weakness leaving the body…

This phrase has been circulating through many areas of my recent travel.  I have seen it on billboards for military recruiters, signs in front of gyms, and tshirts.  This week, I am truly beginning to feel as though I am living that statement.

My 13 week training calendar for my triathlon begin this Monday.  Oh my! Our training coach said that this would be a hate him week, but I thought that I would really not be that bad since I do hit the gym hard five days of the week.  Adding some swimming and jogs to my norm has really put me in some pain.  I am relieved to be at Thursday.  I truly do understand that I am weak!  I guess that means there is much more pain to be had! Oh joy!swim cap

In preparation for my triathlon, I had to get myself my very own swim cap.  I was so pleased at the many designs.  I decided that if I had to endure pain, I might as well have something to laugh at to encourage me.  I found this awesomely cute cap, and I am sure it has been that motivating factor as I try not to choke to death as  I glide through the water…Smile.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it!!! I'm sure you'll be fabulous!