Thursday, November 17, 2011

I forgot…How horrible is that!

My kids absolutely love homeschool activities.  We have a great homeschool group that does skating, bowling, and swimming every month.  It has been a ton of fun.Swimming

My kids are always at the pool. My three are a part of a swimming team, and they practice two days a week. They are always begging to go to the pool to just swim for fun. I get tickled when they beg because I know that shortly after they enter the pool they will begin to challenge each other to races in the swimming lanes. I love it that they love it! They beg to go back for more!

Yesterday was our first homeschool swim.    So needless to say that when I announced we would be homeschool swimming, mass celebration erupted by all three. 

I left the dining room table feeling that wonderful feeling of awesomeness as a homeschool mom.  As I sat on the couch to talk to my husband, Sarah arrived at my side complete distraught and in mass tears.  I looked at her and asked her, “What is wrong?  What happened?”  In the most broken words, she said, “I can’t swim.” Without 318340_10150448776312125_570172124_10292071_1696210153_nthinking I asked, “Why not?” All she did was hold up that little broken hand!!! Oh man, I felt so very horrible.  In that moment of excitement, we had all forgotten. 

Poor Sarah is such a trooper!  She got DSi privileges from her big sissy’s, and that seemed to alleviate all of the traumatic effect I had caused!  Daddy even let her put her feet in the water.  She asked me numerous times, and I was the bad guy who said no.  I just had this vision of her falling in with cast dripping.. UGH!  I had the perfect plan.  I would just have her text Daddy and let him agree with Mommy, right?  It would have worked if Daddy wouldn’t have said yes!  Oh what fun!  She did well, and after a little dip with the feet, she was perfectly content the rest of the afternoon.  December 6th cannot get here fast enough.

No comments: