Friday, November 18, 2011

Really?!

There in moments in life when we see something take place, and our only reaction is to scratch our head and wonder what truly that one was thinking. 

We seldom ever enter the world of McDonald’s anymore.  I have to say that I truly don’t miss the place, but after swim practice, the girls begged and begged.  Dollar menu it was.  We met Dan at a local McD’s, and we planned to have an enjoyable meal.

We had begun eating our lunch when we watched a guy come to the counter with his empty fry box.  It was odd to me that his fry box was empty.  I know that there are free refills, but I thought that was limited to only drinks.  He spoke to an attendant, and she took the box.  I was quite intrigued.  Was she really going to give him more fries?  Then, the manager approached.  She asked the man again what was wrong with the fries.  He complained that the fries tasted funny and seemed to be burnt.  The manager smirked and told the man that she would like to help him, but since his fry box was empty, she couldn’t find anything wrong with the fries.  He huffed and started to complain but decided to just drop it.  I watched him walk back to his seat with his family of small children and wife (I assume).  The wife asked him, “How’d that go?”  He shrugged, and he began to eat the fries he had dumped out in an attempt to get more.  Based on the way he was shoving them in, I would see no reason to complain.cmon man

Really, to go to that extreme for free fries!  I mean we are talking fast food, drenched in grease, not really a potato fry!  That deserves a Monday Football, “C’MON MAN.”

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Hi Amy! Just wanted to say thank you so much for your sweet comment on my cranberry sauce recipe. So glad you like it. Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Looking forward to reading your posts too! :) - Kristi