Sunday, November 6, 2011

Oh the Joy!

Here we go again. This morning Sarah Joy and I made a visit to the ER. She had a major bike wreck Friday night. It was one of those crashes one witnesses and then is afraid to go see the damage. I was scared to look. I am not squeamish when it comes to many things, but when it is one of my own, I tend to get sick.

As I assisted Sarah to her feet, I noticed the way she manuevered her left hand. We were all getting ready to meet Dan at church. I think my words were, "Get in the car. We are going to ER." Well, after having Dan check her out, she seemed ok. We let it go and thought to watch her. When she didn't use it much yesterday and she couldn't do simple things like pick up a brush, it was time.

So here is my bundle of joy, she is not enjoying the life of a broken bone. Thankfully we got in and out of the ER without incident. The doctor was so nice. Since he only used the word fracture as he splinted her, Sarah had no clue. After we were discharged, Sarah says to me on way to car, "See it wasn't a broken arm just a splinted one!"

We go tomorrow to see the orthopedist. The nurse made her day when she told her that she could get a cast in any color. We shall see. She is such a cutie pie.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh no!!! Gottat love that to make an exciting day!! Hope she won't have to have it on too long!!