Friday, March 21, 2008

Definitely Good Friday




Dan and I were so thankful for a day off. We are really looking forward to spring break. I think we are more excited than the kids. Today was so nice. It was definitely made to be a family day. For Sarah's birthday, my parents bought her a co-pilot bike system. It attaches to the back of an adult bike, and Sarah can pedal, but she is pulled along behind. When we head to the greenway, she can't keep up on her little bike (not to mention she hasn't quite mastered the art of brakes). Today, we took the girls. We biked for several miles, and Sarah loved every moment. This will definetly be a repeat event.

I got so tickled. Thankfully, there are a couple water fountains along the way. When we stoppped at the first one, Sarah had to get her drink from all her hard work. She pedaled and pedaled, and when I looked at her to laugh at her hard work, she actually had broken a sweat. It was great. I loved all the looks we got from all the other parents pulling their kids in those big trailers. They all had the wheels turning on why they didn't have one.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Sounds like fun! I was bummed though, b/c it wouldn't let me look at the video... We don't have anything like that near our home, but there are some similar in other parts of the state. I've seen the type of attachment you have for Sarah -- they look neat.

Ellen said...

It finally worked! Too cute. What a big girl... she certainly looks like she's having fun.