Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Rebekah's Hives

It seems that unusual sickness and injury plague my family. Saturday night after being put to bed, Rebekah came down stairs to tell Dan and I that her belly itched. When she lifted her pajama shirt, she had bumps everywhere. They didn't look like true hives. Since I have excema, we thought maybe she was having a break out. This is always a tough time of year for me. We lotioned her and sent her back to bed with the order, "DO NOT SCRATCH!" Sunday morning she got up, and she had hives down her leg. They quickly cleared. Not a big deal at this point. We headed to church Sunday night, and the hives began to reappear. By the time we got home she had hives from head to toe. She was so afraid to tell us because she is terrified of getting a shot from the doctor. Thankfully, after a dose of benedryl, the hives disappeared. The hives stayed missing in action all night and all day without any meds. Once we arrived and got settled here in SC, we took a romp through the clay pit and woods. As soon as we came in and the girls settled down, back came Rebekah's hives. She is too cute in her timid way of letting us know. Again, the hives were quickly gone after the medicine. So today, Rebekah has kept us aware of her hiveless state. She will come right up to us and slightly lift her shirt, and then she asks if we are glad for her. The first time I was caught off guard, and I reminded her that she shouldn't lift her shirt ever. Then, she ever so slightly cut her eyes at me to let me know she was showing me her lack of bumps. Thankfully, we are at the end of the day, and there has been no breakout. Maybe this has passed. Let's hope so.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Still praying... hopefully they will stay away for good now.