Saturday, March 22, 2008

Pranked


I am not a big fan of pranks and practical jokes for many reasons. Often, the joke cause hurt feelings or public humiliation. The worst part is that what goes around comes around. Regardless of all that, we have some jokers on our staff. Dan is a really tough prank job. Last year, one of our fellow HS staffers pranked Dan with a gift. This year, we put our heads together on what to do. It always revolves around his birthday. This year, I supplied the idea. We decided to have some one call staging as a police man or the DMV to tell Dan that his boat had been stolen. I provided all the info for the boat. I knew for Dan to believe it the guy would have to know as many details about the boat as possible. My fellow staffer had her brother in law call Dan. It was during his class; so a voice mail was left. My fellow staffer let me know the call had been made. I had to put on my serious face and pretend I knew nothing. At class break, I had yet to see or hear from Dan. My staffer's fear was that he would so believe it he would leave without telling me. I assured her that he would come to me quickly if he believed it or not. Five minutes into my class, Dan shows up at my door, and he is panic stricken as he has listened to the voicemail and returned the phone call. My students had no clue. We had planned to tell him a former student had stolen the boat. After that was stated, Dan's wheels began to turn. It was sooooooo great to get him. It took probably 30 minutes for Dan's heartbeat to return to normal.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Too funny! You better watch out! LOL... Dan might repay you for his heart attack. Ha ha.